"Hellenic Central Securities Depository" (ATHEXCSD) operates as a licensed Central Securities Depository (CSD) in accordance with Regulation (EU) 909/2014 (CSDR) of the European Parliament and of the Council and Law 4569/2018, which adapted the national legislation to the CSDR Regulation.
In accordance with its Rulebook, ATHEXCSD manages the Dematerialized Securities System (DSS) and provides the Participants and Issuers with the following services:
- Initial recording of listed and non-listed securities in a book-entry system ("notary service")
- Operating a securities settlement system ("settlement service")
- Providing and maintaining securities accounts at the top tier level (‘central maintenance service')
- Other non-banking-type ancillary services of the central securities depositories that do not entail credit or liquidity risk
Within the framework of the central maintenance service, the securities accounts may be maintained in the DSS in the following main categories:
- individual segregated accounts or
- omnibus accounts in the name of a Registered Intermediary
The main types of Securities Accounts held in the DSS are displayed here.
ATHEXCSD is a member of the ECSDA (European Central Securities Depositories Association).
ATHEXCSD responds to several questionnaires from regulators such as ESMA and ECB and institutional investors/global custodians on its various areas of operation each year. In this context and upon agreement between the Members of ECSDA and the Association of Global Custodians, it publishes its response to the relevant AGC questionnaire section of the website.
According to the provisions of Law 4569/2018, the data registered in the records of ATHEXCSD as CSD are confidential and the relevant records and documents are maintained for at least 10 years. In addition, ATHEXCSD complies with the provisions of Law 4624/2019 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 679/2016 (GDPR).
ATHEXCSD maintains a Disaster Recovery Site and has compiled a Business Continuity Plan for the response, recovery and restoration of its operations to a predetermined level after a disruption of their smooth execution, as well as for the DSS, as a critical system for the operation of the capital market and in order to ensure the uninterrupted operation and safety of its data. ATHEXCSD regularly checks the smooth transition and restoration of its operations between its central facilities and the disaster recovery site and performs tests and exercises with the participation of the Participants at least once per year.
New Listings Prospectuses
Laws and Regulations
Απόφαση 5 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of the Settlement Service 20022023
13:50 20 Mar 2023
Resolution No 22 Regulation of Technical Matters for Trading on ATHEX Markets 01032023
13:59 06 Mar 2023
Resolution 8 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of the Registry, Corporate and Other Related Actions Service 20022023
11:59 03 Mar 2023
Resolution No. 21 Provision of technology services by ATHEX 06032020
13:42 31 Jan 2023
Resolution No.17 Stock Lending 31012023
13:24 31 Jan 2023
Resolution No. 24 as ammended on 22122022
09:00 31 Jan 2023
Resolution 20 Operational issues of the Users Committee 31012023
00:05 31 Jan 2023
Απόφαση 12 Technical procedures and schedule for derivatives clearing 30012023
12:32 30 Jan 2023
Resolution 16 Technical terms and procedures for the Service of Provision Information on Securities 19122022
00:05 02 Jan 2023
Resolution 14 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of Information Technology Services (IT) 19122022
00:05 02 Jan 2023
- HCMC - Hellenic Capital Market Commission
- HBA - Hellenic Bank Association
- ΣΕΠΕΥ - Σύνδεσμος Εταιρειών Παροχής Επενδυτικών Υπηρεσιών
- SMEXA - Association of Members of the Athens Exchange
- BoG - Bank of Greece
- ESMA - European Securities Markets Authority
- ECSDA - European Central Securities Depositories Association
- HFAMA - Hellenic Fund and asset Management Association
- FESE - Federation of European Stock Exchanges
- WFE - World Federation of Exchanges
|53 36 15 48|
No corporate actions for today.